TransCanada Power Marketing – About Us
We offer full-service electricity supply to commercial, industrial and institutional customers in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut and New York.
Contact us about:
- Short and long-term contracts
- Our full complement of electricity supply products with varying balances of market risk and budget certainty
- Renewable resource products
- Turn-key participation in ISO New England demand response programs
View additional information with respect to supply service in Connecticut
We understand the rapidly changing electricity marketplace and take a lead role in shaping markets and creating flexible products to meet your energy needs. We can help you understand the complex marketplace, provide competitive prices and control your energy costs over the long-term.
Have confidence in our team professionals at TransCanada, the electricity supplier of choice for major commercial, industrial, and institutional customers:
- A retail portfolio that consists of large commercial and industrial customers, and exceeds 1,000 megawatts (MW)
- A customer mix that includes major corporations, hospitals, colleges, universities and several state and government facilities
- Currently serving over 200 towns and cities, including a number of public school systems
- The first electricity supplier to deliver competitively procured power to a retail customer in Massachusetts (December of 1998)
Much of the supply we offer comes from our own assets. We’re proud to have such a strong operational presence in the U.S. Northeast region:
- 2,480 MW Ravenswood Generating Facility in Queens, New York
- 778 MW Ironwood natural gas fired, combined-cycle power plant in Lebanon, Penn.
- 583 MW TC Hydro, including 13 hydroelectric facilities, stations and associated dams and reservoirs on the Connecticut and Deerfield Rivers located in New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts
- 560 MW Ocean State Power plant in Rhode Island
- 132 MW Kibby Wind Power in the Boundary Mountains of Maine along Kibby Mountain and Kibby Range
Who We Are
TransCanada Power Marketing is a wholly owned subsidiary of TransCanada, a leading North American energy infrastructure company.
Owns or controls approximately 10,700 megawatts of power generation
Operates 90,300 kilometres (56,100 miles) of natural gas pipelines — tapping into virtually all major gas supply basins in North America
Provides gas storage and related services with approximately 664 billion cubic feet of storage capacity — one of the continent's largest providers
TransCanada is also the developer and operator of one of North America’s leading liquids pipeline systems that extends 4,300 kilometres (2,700 miles
Employs more than 7,700 people
More than 65 years of experience in the energy industry
Request a Quote
For electricity in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, New York or Connecticut, request a quote or call us Toll-free at 1.877.MEGAWAT (634.2928).
Ocean State Power Plant
TransCanada is backed by US $64.5 billion of premium assets located across North America.
U.S. Northeast Assets