Dividend Reinvestment and Share Purchase Plan
- Allows registered common and preferred shareholders to reinvest their cash dividends in additional common shares of TransCanada.
- Beginning with dividends declared on July 27, 2016, common shares purchased with reinvested cash dividends are issued from Treasury at a 2% discount to the daily average of the weighted average price of all common shares of the Corporation traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange during each of the five trading days preceding the applicable dividend payment date .
- Participants are not required to pay brokerage commissions or administrative fees.
- Full investment of all funds is possible since fractional shares are also credited to the participant’s account.
- Statements of Account are mailed to participants each quarter detailing the investments made on their behalf.
Optional Cash Payments
- Participants in the plan may make optional cash payments of up to $10,000 per quarter to purchase additional common shares.
- Optional cash payments may be made at any time, but payments must be received by our Plan Agent, Computershare Trust Company of Canada at least three business days prior to the dividend payment dates which are generally the last business day of each of January, April, July and October.
- Optional Cash Payments can be made though the Authorization/Enrollment Form (below).
How to Enroll
- Beneficial shareholders may be able to enroll through their brokerage firm and should contact their broker.
- Registered shareholders are required to complete the Authorization/Enrollment Form (below).
For information on TransCanada's Dividend Reinvestment and Share Purchase Plan, please contact our plan administrator, Computershare Trust Company of Canada (formerly Montreal Trust Company of Canada) at 1.800.340.5024.